Saturday, March 30, 2013


The Renaissance Houston


Texan pride in their state flag


Houston downtown at sunset


The Renaissance Houston being philosophical


Rusty Taco in Paris...Texas that is


Dallas downtown


Cavender's Boot City


Abilene red cowboy boots, Made in AMERICA-Texas to be exact


The Ritz-Carlton Dallas


Houston to Dallas Travel

I have been fortunate to visit each major city of Texas. I will say that I love Dallas and Austin the best. Perhaps I just haven't had enough time in Houston or San Antonio, but after having amazing trips in both Dallas and Austin, my vote is swayed. I highly suggest purchasing a pair of authentic Texan made leather cowboy boots during your visit. There is no other way to buy them (well there are but none that compare) but to visit a local boot shop in Texas. Gotta love American made and people who take great pride in making them. As for the local grub... you can never go wrong with BBQ or Mexican. The worse a place may look on the outside, the better the food will taste on the inside (proceed with caution). I've had some of my best meals at the local gas stations, shacks, and carts (not to be compared with those of New York. Different ball game down south). They're not kidding when they say everything's bigger in Texas. From boots to sliders, tractors to beer. Ain't now way like the Texan way. God Bless 'Merica!

No comments:

Post a Comment