Thursday, April 11, 2013


1974


2000


2013


"Gatsby? What Gatsby?" 

A classic returns to the silver screen. Although The Great Gatsby was supposed to premier on Christmas Day, they claimed the film was not ready- more like they didn't want to compete with Les Miserables for an Oscar. I finally read the F. Scott Fitzgerald novel the other week and loved it! I will admit I saw the Robert Redford film before reading the book and knew what to expect. However, the book provided further detail, as many books do compared to their film renditions. It is a definite must read before the May 2013 premier of The Great Gatsby. There have been a few versions in theater before the 2013 rendition. Even Paul Rudd -pause, I said Paul Rudd- was in a Gatsby film as Nick Carraway. I'm not gonna lie, I most likely will see the midnight premier. 

No comments:

Post a Comment