Monday, April 29, 2013


Wolffer Vineyard




Montauk Light House




Highway Diner & Bar


Mac & Cheese and Grilled Cheese


Wild Mushroom Ravioli


East Hampton & Montauk

A glorious trip out to the Hamptons for the weekend was much needed. The weather was beautiful - I would've taken 10* warmer, but it was still enjoyable. Wolffer Estate Vineyard was the first stop on the road trip. I've been looking forward to trying out this vineyard for a while. It is one of three out on the south fork of Long Island. For wine tastings, I recommend going to the actual estate. It has a lovely Tuscan/Napa Valley feel -although I've never been to either. Their wine is very tasty. I'm a sparkling wine gal myself and loved their classic brut. They have a great variety and it is definitely worth the trip. If you don't care to do a tasting and prefer to just grab a glass or two, or bottle, head over to their "wine stand" just off Montauk Highway. 
The day was far from over and after a stroll through East Hampton Village, post wine tasting, the road trip continued out to Montauk. This, you may think, was a bold move. However, considering it is not prime season for hampton adventures, one can easily drive throughout the south fork without the bottle neck traffic that is an absolute killer come Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend. I was able to drive out to the Montauk Light House for a first. A picture perfect red and white light house guards the cliffs of "the end" of Long Island. Gorgeous views of the Atlantic -if you pay a quarter, you can look out to Block Island. A quick round about at Gosman's Dock, although many of the stores and restaurants are closed till next weekend. 
Starving after a long, activity-filled day, the road trip took us to the Hampton Diner & Bar located in Wainscott, off the Montauk Highway. I loved the wild mushroom ravioli but, the grilled cheese tried too hard to be fancy and therefore the blend of cheeses wasn't hitting the spot. The mac n' cheese was delicious as well. It was a beautiful Saturday and I was lucky enough to have fulfilled so many activities within one day. I hope the weather warms up soon in order to check off more adventures off the bucket list. 

No comments:

Post a Comment