The Queen sits pretty across Buckingham Palace
"Foggy London Town"
Westminster
Parliament
Super Soft Ice Cream - Americans Beware
Upon arriving to London, after the red eye from the States, I laced up my trainers (sneakers) and headed out to be the tourist that I am...
Covent Garden - A favorite spot of mine for the expensive beverages and cheap entertainment -just kidding, sort of. Cram yourself up on the balcony of one of the bars and you'll be able to check out some entertainment by the street performers - you Londoners truly love your street performers. Although drinks and food are a bit pricey, you're mainly paying for the experience, as one does during every vacation. Pay away and enjoy the people watching and if you're lucky, the sunshine.
Buckingham Palace - Always enjoyable to see, especially the motionless guards. Although I didn't partake in the tours, the Queen herself has left the building and tourists galore lined up to check out the digs inside. I'm sure it's something worth while as there are only short periods of time one can enter as a mere mortal ;)
Big Ben - Iconic in itself, is actually not the name for the clock BUT the bell inside the tower. Fun fact! still absolutely must to see no matter how many times you visit.
Super Soft Ice Cream - Why have I posted an ice cream truck within British Monuments and attractions, you ask? Well, as an American, soft serve ice cream takes on a specific meaning and low and behold an ice cream truck presented itself 100 yards away from Big Ben. Not to mention, it had an attractive exterior of wording. Of course I was thrilled to spot this British Mr. Softee only to find out it was a disappointment. Tricked me for the American tourist that I am, when they say super soft ice cream, they mean soft to the point of cold-warm whipped cream upon a cone. Yes, I was disappointed since I was prepared to eat your average soft serve (can you tell I love food aka junk) and was fooled with the whipped business. I obviously ate the whole thing anyways because after all, when in London... eat super soft ice cream.
Tower Bridge - Not to be confused with the London Bridge we all grew up singing along to the rhythm and rhyme during pre-school. An amazing structure that again is iconic when visiting London. I highly recommend taking a stroll along the Thames (although pronounced Tim's by most of my friends native this side of the pond). If you're up to it, walk from Parliament all the way down to Tower Bridge. Yes, this may seem aggressive but, with the amount of fish and chips, and pints you're most likely bound to take in, you could use the exercise and see some sights.
No comments:
Post a Comment