Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
Early this summer, I gave in and bought a copy of Gone Girl after hearing numerous people rave about this dark thriller. As someone who takes their time with reading a book, I zipped right through this one. I couldn't put it down. Each page left you sitting at the edge of your seat wondering what would happen next. I love a great mystery and the twists and turns in this book really keep you engaged with the characters.
News - The movie is in the works and Ben Affleck is to play the character Nick (much better role for him, unlike Batman). The exciting yet interesting news is for whom they've casted as Nick's college-aged mistress. 'Blurred Lines' was such a hit, they've signed Emily Ratajkowski. I suppose the roles line up after the nudey performance she gave in Robin Thicke's hit video. Power to ya girl!
Reconstructing Amelia by Kimberly McCreight
Post- adrenaline pumping Gone Girl, suggested titles that were presented to me included Reconstructing Amelia. It took me a few months but I've finally picked up the book - and by book I mean tablet. I can already tell this book will lead me down the rabbit hole of obsession and must-read. The teenage culture described throughout the book is of modern day adolescent behavior and a novel I believe high school students should pick up. With the amount of anti-bullying campaigns that go on, perhaps the kids have dismissed it all similar to the way we dismiss pop-up ads on multi-media devices. Maybe they need a book or a movie to express the dangers it all leads to especially if it hits close to home with a connection to a particular character.


No comments:
Post a Comment