NYSE
Brooklyn Bridge
Gild Hall
Gild Hall
East River
Brooklyn Bridge
South Street Seaport
South Street Seaport
Fulton Fish Market
Pumpkin Spiced Latte via waterfront
The Country Club of Fairfield
The Country Club of Fairfield
New York City to New England
Friday night enroute to Beekman Beer Garden Beach Club, I decided to book a hotel via Hotel Tonight. This app pulls a handful of "luxe", "hip", and "solid" hotels available for the evening at a discounted rate - think the Dream Downtown for $100-200 off the average nightly price. I lucked out and booked Gild Hall which turned out to be a pleasant surprise with the "chic American" decor from a chandelier made of antlers to the rustic details.
Saturday morning was absolutely beautiful and after a quick bagel pick-up from Leo's, I took a stroll up the East River and explored South Street Seaport. The destruction Sandy left behind is still seen through closed shops, but the support and promotion for change in the area is present. It is definitely a must see during the nicer weather for a view of the Brooklyn Bridge and local bites.
Come Sunday, I headed up north to Connecticut to enjoy the crisp, fall air beachside. Yes, it's not the beach per say, but hey - I'll take what I can get. Even the Sound can be a lovely sight. It's officially fall in my mind and I have already tallied up quite a few Pumpkin Spiced Lattes - I'm ready to apple pick and bundle up. Walking around Sasco Beach, the view of The Country Club of Fairfield is gorgeous with the outline of the homes across the way. Definitely a great way to relax on a Sunday before the weight of the work week weighs in.









No comments:
Post a Comment