Friday, October 25, 2013

Film Screening: About Time




Last night, I was fortunate enough to score tickets to the screening of About Time. Previously, I'd already seen previews and knew I'd be going to see the film. Originally thinking it'd be strictly a chick flick, and as a lover of Love Actually and Notting Hill, I was fairly excited. I decided to go into the movie with no expectations. 

Having now seen the film, I absolutely recommend seeing About Time once it hits theaters November 8th. It was not fully a chick flick or romcom, it was a journey - a life tale and I thought it was well written. The "cheeky" jokes made the entire theater laugh throughout the film. I did cry once, towards the end but for good reason - believe even most men in the theater teared up as well. 

Domhnall Gleeson was excellent. Rachel McAdams - always nice to watch. BUT my absolute favorite was Bill Nighy. He's so witty it makes me hope he is like that in real life. Such a realistic performance he fully engages you throughout the whole movie.  

My Vote -  

No comments:

Post a Comment