Sag Harbor
Shelter Island
Dry Rose Cider - Wolffer - The Wine Stand
Dry Rose Cider
Wolffer - The Wine Stand
Wolffer - The Wine Stand
Wolffer - The Wine Stand
East Quogue
Stuart's Farm
Stuart's Farm
Stuart's Farm
From Vino to Mele
Stone Street Tavern - I began my weekend with post-work dinner here and am a fan. A must try when in Financial District for some pub fare and a brewski or two. Great ambiance and staff. A different set of specials each day, as well as a different menu dependent upon the season.
Sag Harbor & Shelter Island - Having never been to either, I ventured this past Saturday through both locations. Sag Harbor is a lovely little spot and lucked out with the weather. I walked through town and enjoyed the local farmer's market on the water, next to the yacht club. They had everything from fresh tomatoes and beets, homemade jams and soaps, to locally crafted jewelry. While your there, definitely grab a bite to eat at Madison & Main for great seafood and cocktails.
Next up, I hopped on the ferry in my car for a round trip ticket of $19 total - great deal, although the ferry ride is only a 5 minute trip. The island is very quite, but lovely all the same. I missed out on dining at Sunset Beach Restaurant as they closed for the season on the 15th. I don't blame them since it is, after all late September now. Nonetheless, I've heard great things and if you find yourself on the island, it is definitely worth checking out.
Wolffer Estate - My absolute favorite vineyard on Long Island never disappoints. Enjoyed their first brewing of cider this time round. Both the crisp white cider and dry rose cider and refreshing and will leave you feeling the buzz after one bottle. Definitely pick up a pack of 4 and try both. I'm a big fan of cider and these take it to a different level. Certainly not your typical cider - Magners, Angry Orchid, Original Sin. Dare I say, I may favor Wolffer's take a bit more - gasp.
The Wine Stand is a great mix of vineyard and backyard entertainment. The layout is stunning and the members of the staff are warm and welcoming.
Stuart's Farm - Heading back to Westchester County, in honor of fall, I decided it was a gorgeous day for apple picking. A bit of history for you, Stuart's farm in the oldest apple orchard in all of Westchester and has been within the family since 1828. The people who work there are great and the whole experience is worth the trip. For $12 you can pick up a decent sized bag to take through the orchard and pick your favorite apples. I'd absolutely recommend heading down the hill to the bakery and shop for cider and, my personal favorite, apple cider donuts made right in front of you. They are melt in your mouth goodness and if I could, i'd have eaten the entire dozen myself.
Happy Fall!






No comments:
Post a Comment